Insure Your Love is Here
Happy February! Insure Your Love month kicks off today, a time for the industry to come together to share the important message that getting life insurance is an expression of love that goes beyond words. Life Happens created and coordinates this campaign every February to remind Americans that the basic motivation behind the purchase of life insurance is love.
Our new survey, “For Love and Money,” launches today and shows that financial security is one of the most attractive traits to have in a partner. The way American couples look at finances in their relationships is changing. Key findings include:
· 59% of people would feel more secure in their relationship if they discussed getting life insurance with their partner
· Half of respondents would talk about wills and life insurance before marriage
· Men are more likely than women to say that purchasing a life insurance policy is a financial way to demonstrate your love (40% vs 33%)
Here are three ways you can participate in Insure Your Love:
1. Use our new survey graphics that highlight key stats from “For Love and Money.” Plus, join us on February 15 at 1 p.m. E to discuss these insights and more during our IYL Twitter Chat. You can view the questions here to start preparing your answers in advance.
2. Get the two new Real Life Stories videos featuring Sara Mathews Dixon and the Schroeder family on Life Happens Pro or share them from YouTube. Both recipients will be sharing more about their stories during our Real Life Stories Live Webinar this Thursday, February 3 at 2 p.m. E. It’s not too late to register!
3. Update your cover photos on social media to let your audience know you’re participating in Insure Your Love. We’ve done the work for you by sizing cover photos that are ready to use on each channel. Download them now on Life Happens Pro.
Tell us what you’re doing for Insure Your Love! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.