Happy new year from all of us at Life Happens. With the arrival of 2022, I’ve been reflecting on Life Happens’ accomplishments in 2021 and the memorable moments we achieved together as an industry. Thank you to the many company partners, agents and friends at industry associations who have contributed to our growth in 2021.
Here are just a few of my favorite moments:
• Last year, we garnered 5+ billion impressions in media coverage from more than 500 articles about Life Happens. We were mentioned in several outlets for the first time, including Parents, Ebony and Complex. Check out more of our media coverage in News.
• We participated in a national satellite media tour with licensed psychologist Reena B. Patel that resulted in 487 television and 140 radio broadcasts during Insure Your Love.
• Our award-winning public service announcement, Life Is for Living, has been aired on television to an audience of 1+ billion since its release in 2019.
• Life Happens’ Life Lessons Scholarship Program awarded $400K in total scholarships to 49 students, our highest amount ever awarded in a year. Applications for this year’s program will open soon on February 1.
• We launched a new logo and refresh to our brand for the first time since 2014.
• Our insurance marketing platform, Life Happens Pro, received a full update. We released a new version with improved design, faster search, content collections and more. More than 900 consumer education assets were created and made available on Life Happens Pro to help agents and company partners educate consumers on life insurance and related products.
• Life Happens coordinated our three annual awareness campaigns, Insure Your Love, Disability Insurance Awareness Month, and Life Insurance Awareness Month. We shared new content, consumer studies and messages from campaign spokespeople including Kelly Rowland, Scott Rider, Reena B. Patel and several influencers. The three campaigns combined generated 50+ million impressions on social media.
• We released our first Diverse Voices collection in tandem with a special report of the 2021 Insurance Barometer Study to help the industry speak directly to the Black community about life insurance. Life Happens worked closely with our Diversity Advisory Group to create content that addresses common myths and misconceptions.
We’ve created a recap with 2021 highlights to easily share with your colleagues.
Click here to download the Year in Review PDF.
Thank you again to each board member, Life Happens Pro subscriber, company and association partner, and supporter who shared our consumer education material for your contributions to Life Happens’ success in 2021. They all add up to help us achieve our nonprofit mission of giving Americans unbiased information to help them make smart insurance choices to protect their loved ones.
I’m so looking forward to what we can accomplish together this year.